[ntp:questions] NTP does not reply to IP addresses that start with 69

Ray nospam.mail at nrc.ca
Fri Mar 28 13:21:55 UTC 2008

I am running  stratum-1 servers with NTP version 4.1.0. There are no
restrictions in the NTP configuration and no restrictions in the firewall.
Yet, when I receive NTP request, from version3, and  with an IP address
starting with 69, the daemon does not reply to it. The server will reply to
NTP packets with version4. The server appears to respond properly to all
other subnets.
Does anyone have any ideas why this happens?