[ntp:questions] Windows won't Sync to NTP server

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:46:10 UTC 2008

On Mar 31, 2:20 pm, mlind <lind.fed... at gmail.com> wrote:

> With the 0x8 appended to the end I can see the Windows Client coming
> in at Mode 3 Code 3 Auth 0, the same as the Linux Clients.  Wireshark
> on the Windows Client reveals the following information:

So you just get no replies at all to the Windows machines? And they
are on the same subnet, with the same firewall and router
configurations as the "working" linux clients?

Very strange indeed, especially since the packet traces indicate the
Windows and Linux machines are sending almost

You didn't mention if the machines were part of an Active Directory
domain or not, nor what version they were. w32time should report its
source selection or any errors in the System event viewer. Are there
any entries there on one of hte Windows clients? If so, can you post
the details?