[ntp:questions] SNTP client

Unruh unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca
Sat May 10 15:14:33 UTC 2008

praveen.nallasamy at gmail.com (praveen kumar) writes:

>Hi,

>I am trying to implement a light weight SNTP client in C. Can someone tell
>me how to convert human readable time format into 64 bit NTP time stamp and
>vice versa? Is there any C function or library available for doing that ?
>Your help will be highly appreciated.

You are trying to do this why? There are loads of free GPL/free license
versions out there, including the reference implimentation (which also
includes a conversion routine). Why would you want to reinvent the wheel,
and trip over all of the problems others have figured out how to avoid,
especially when they are willing to make them available for free.
Have you been handed this job by a gps manufacturer?