[ntp:questions] using NTP to check synchronization of two servers

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 01:58:40 UTC 2008

  At my work, we're using Amazon EC2 to host all services. The
  clock is set on our 'instances' by whatever machine the
  instance is running on -- as is usually the case with Xen.
  Were all the instances definitely on the same Xen host, I
  could be comfortable saying their clocks were synched pretty
  closely; but at present, that is not the case and it's not
  clear to me how close the clocks will be on instances across
  an EC2 data center (or across data centers). Is there a way to
  run NTP on two servers so that they can calculate their mutual
  time difference?

--
_jsn