[ntp:questions] network is unreachable.

Varrun Ashok varrunashok at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 07:53:26 UTC 2008

hello everybody,
 I have created my own OS using the 'cross linux from scratch ' online book.
 then I installed ntp4-4.2.4p4 version onto the OS.
 I even created an ntp.conf file with the following data
 server 127.127.20.0 mode 2 minpoll 4 prefer iburst
 fudge 127.127.20.0 refid GPS flag3 0 flag2 1 stratum 0.
 (there cant be mistake in this because this worked in RH4 linux)
 however i am facing problems:
 after the kernel i created  booted i get the following message:
 1)
 NET: Registered protocol family 10
 lo:disabled privacy extensions
 libisc/ifiter_ioctl.c 567 REQUIRE (iter->pos<(unsigned int) iter->ifc.ifc_len)failed
 2)then after logging as root i typr ntpd nothing is output.
 3)then i type ntpq i get the message:
 ntpq:connect:network is unreachable

 if anybody know how to overcome this error please reply.
 if you have any suggestions please tell me.
 Thanking you,
 regards,
 varrun ashok