[ntp:questions] Isolated network

Mike Griffin mcgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:23:16 UTC 2008

I have an isolated network which has no connections to the outside
world. This includes any type of modem access.

The machines are running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2 and I also have
Cisco routers involved. What I would like to do is to assign one of my
RHEL machines as my NTP server and have it synch off its local system
clock. The other machines and routers would synchronize off this
assigned server.

I'm not concerned with time accuracy to the real world, I just need
time relevance within the network.

I have searched and it seems to be extremely difficult to find good
guidance for this.

Thanks in advance.