[ntp:questions] Isolated Network Drift Problem

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 18:58:22 UTC 2008

Unruh wrote:
> "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> writes:
>
>> Cal Webster wrote:
>>> Gentlemen,
>>>
>>> If there is any way I can help shed light on this spirited discussion
<snip>

>>> Although the network has no Internet connection, I have a KVM to an
>
> What is a KVM?

KVM:== Keyboard, Video, Mouse.  The term is usually applied to a switch;
a KVM Switch allows you to connect one keyboard, mouse, and monitor to
two or more computers.  You can push buttons on the KVM switch to
connect to a different computer.  More expensive KVM switches can detect
a keystroke sequence used to change the connection from one computer to
another.  A company called "Raritan" makes industrial strength KVMs
with, I believe, up to twelve or sixteen ports.

At least one company, Belkin, manufactures such things for the SOHO
market.  I have a four port Belkin KVM switch.  Belkin also offers
cables for KVMs.

<snip>