[ntp:questions] chu and wwv audio driver problems in debian lenny

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Nov 30 20:54:29 UTC 2008

jimmyterrence> On Nov 26, 12:06 pm, Steve Kostecke <koste... at ntp.org> wrote:
>> On 2008-11-26, jimmyterre... at gmail.com <jimmyterre... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > It's still not working, even though I can hear it loud and clear >
>> through the headphones plugged into the line out on the computer/
>>
>> The problem is that ntpd is not properly configured to listen to the
>> correct audio source.
>>
>> > I think I'm going to try a different OS (maybe Solaris) and computer.
>>
>> That may or may not make a difference. Please keep us posted.

jimmyterrence> This is most of my /dev directory.  Is there another device
jimmyterrence> that I could point ntp at in the ntp.audio0 file?

I'm fighting with this on another machine myself.

I have gotten this to work once before, years ago.

I definitely am looking for a way to make this go much easier, and would
appreciate working with folks to make that be the case.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!