[ntp:questions] Different behavior between ntpd 4.2.0 and 4.2.4?

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Sun Oct 5 18:25:37 UTC 2008

Johnny Ljunggren wrote:

+ connect to. As I understand it server two would not sync to server one
+ if connection to the gps ntp server is lost without local clock on
+ server one?

It won't synch to it, but neither will it diverge rapidly from it.

In this case you would probably  be better off configuring the two
internal servers in orphan mode, at the same stratum.  I'm not sure
whether that changes the position about the GPS source becoming a
falseticker due to lack of supporting votes.