[ntp:questions] Source address in response not the same as target address in request

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Fri Oct 10 23:38:06 UTC 2008

Danny Mayer <mayer at ntp.isc.org> wrote:
> The general answer is no. It binds to all addresses but use of the
> -L option will mean that it ignores anything not received on :0
> interfaces which is what I think you are saying. An enhancement that
> I have worked on will allow you to specify the addresses to listen
> on and to send on.  It's not ready yet.

If it simply sends via the socket on which the query was recieved,
having bound that socket to a given IP should result in that IP being
used as the source IP of the response.

Perhaps there is a reason to send via another socket, but as I'm
typing I cannot think of it.

rick jones
--
web2.0 n, the dot.com reunion tour...