[ntp:questions] Does the EU or European country have an equivalent of http://www.usno.navy.mil ?

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Mon Oct 13 19:48:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:29:41 GMT in comp.protocols.time.ntp,
gretchendenisebaxter at gmail.com (Gretchen Baxter) wrote:

>I am doing research for my employer around time synchronization.
>
>I have found a lot of good information at http://www.usno.navy.mil
>
>But does the EU or other European countries have a similar source?
>
>As a European company, my employer would prefer not to base too much of its
>research around a US Military source, irrelevant how reliable it is.

Google time server stratum OR pool
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeserver
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome
http://www.pool.ntp.org
Please read the docs until you understand why you should rarely connect
to a stratum 1 time server unless you run such inhouse

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply