[ntp:questions] "ntpd -q" is slow compared to ntpdate

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Oct 19 06:38:01 UTC 2008

>>> In article <GQoKk.2334$%%2.337 at edtnps82>, Unruh <unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca> writes:

Unruh> But with ntpdate, the server is under your control. So this is hardly
Unruh> something I would call "broken".  Harlan insists that it is broken--
Unruh> mentioned it twice-- but never said how and why it is broken. What he
Unruh> calls broken may be a feature other people never use.

Yawn.

As a troll attempt, that was pretty lame.  And there are enough trolls.

Believe me or not, your choice.

I recommend searching the archives - the status of ntpdate is pretty old
news, and predates the support twiki (as I recall), and the decision to
deprecate ntpdate may even predate our use of bugzilla.

I'm probably done with this thread.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!