[ntp:questions] Using parse driver rather then nmea driver?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 20 01:20:19 UTC 2008

Hi All

I have a NMEA GPS device that outputs the correct strings.  However
due to where I have to position the device it doesn't always have a
lock on three satellites and then goes into Void mode.  However the
time values are still being collected (It always sees at least one
satellite).

Is it possible to write a parse (127,127,8,0) driver to read only the
time values and ignore the void message and thereby make it the
stratum 0 source?

Thanks in advance.