[ntp:questions] Slow convergence of NTP with GPS/PPS

David Ashmore davida at pipstechnology.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 12:53:33 UTC 2008

An Update from what we have decided to do.

As NTP is designed to achieve accuracy slowly and conservatively. We
have decided not to go down the NTP route.

We have decided to use the PPS signal from the GPS and force the system
time into being correct.

It is a great shame the NTP doesn't achieve a high accuracy quickly, as
the method we have adopted has a low level of accuracy compared to NTP

I am posting this mainly to help Nicola, with a solution.

Many Thanks for all your help

Best Regards

David