[ntp:questions] Preffered OS for a GPS based stratum 1

Spiffed spiffed at spiffie.org
Wed Oct 29 15:58:52 UTC 2008

I've dug up an Oncore GT+ GPS receiver, matching antenna, and PPS
stretching converter box. WinOncore shows a 'Time Solution one sigma'
of 38ns, so it seems to be an acceptable ref clock for my purposes.

After surveying the computing hardware available, a Sun Ultra10 seems
to keep the best time and is otherwise unused.

What OS do you recomend for the Ultra? Off the top of my head, I'm
considering Solaris (is there PPS support in Solaris 10?), FreeBSD or
NetBSD. My understanding is Linux 2.6 PPS support is rough at best.

Cheers,
  ~Spiffed