[ntp:questions] Slow convergence of NTP with GPS/PPS

Rod Dorman rodd at panix.com
Wed Oct 29 17:40:52 UTC 2008

In article <14401664.251511225284968132.JavaMail.servlet at kundenserver>,
 <nb at komeda-berlin.de> wrote:
>yes, it's too bad. I just arrieved at work 2 hours ago, turned on the machine,
>wich has an initial offset of 50 ms today (last was 5?!) and I sit here since two
>hours reading newpapers, waiting for time to settle in order to sync the next
>machine to it..

Why was the machine that acts as your time server turned off?

Its clock isn't as stable when its first turned on as when it reaches
a thermal steady state (or as close as it can get to one).

--
					-- Rod --
rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com