[ntp:questions] New Version of the NTP Installer for Windows (4.2.4p5)

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 15:46:04 UTC 2008

Heiko Gerstung wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> The NTP Public Services Project recently announced the release of
> ntp-4.2.4p5 and after two weeks of testing I am happy to be able to
> announce an updated Windows Installer version (nicknamed "beijing"
> due to the 2008 Olympic Games) including this version and a few minor
> improvements for the installer itself.
[]
> Cheers,
>   Heiko

Heiko,

I have that version running on three PCs here - one Windows 2000, one XP
Home, and one Vista Ultimate.  Unfortunately the PSU in my NT machine
died, so I no longer have NT switched on anywhere!

See Bacchus, Gemini and Hydra here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/daily_ntp.html

I expect the performance will remain unchanged as these are all syncing to
my local GPS-locked stratum 1 server.

Pity about Vista.

Many thanks for making this update available.

Cheers,
David