[ntp:questions] New Version of the NTP Installer for Windows (4.2.4p5)

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Tue Sep 2 15:23:29 UTC 2008

David,

David J Taylor wrote:
> I have just restarted NTP on the Vista system without the MMtimer option
> set.  I wanted to write a small program to check whether the MMtimer was
> running - do you happen to know and, if so, could you please remind me how
> to do that?

AFAIK there is no way to find out whether the MM timer has been set to some
higher resolution by some other program.

An applications even needs to remember whether it self has set the MM timer
to higher resolution, and in this case the application must set the MM
timer back to default resolution when it terminates.

Regards,

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki