[ntp:questions] The libntp resumee...

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Mon Sep 8 09:20:06 UTC 2008

David,

David Woolley wrote:
> Kay Hayen wrote:
>
>> thanks to all who replied. Unfortunately the moderation bit made all of
>> my last replies expire and instead of reposting them, I choose to sum
>> things up in a single post.
>
> Expiration is not a moderation thing, it is something done by your
> USENET service provider to manage disk space.  I think mine still has
> the whole thread, and Google groups certainly will, except for any that
> people have told it not to store.
>
> The other thing that can have this effect, is that many Usenet readers,
> by default, hide messages you have already read.
>
> On the other hand, it appears that you are submitting via the mail to
> new gateway.  If your ISP is expiring items in your mailbox so soon, you
> need a new ISP.

If I understand Kay correctly then the problem is that he responded via the
questions@ list and the moderation bit was set there, which prevented some
of his articles from being gatewayed to the usenet.

In Kay's original thread Steve Kostecke mentioned he had removed the
moderation bit for Kay, but obviously that did not fully help.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren