[ntp:questions] Finding out where ntpd gets its ntp.conf file

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Tue Sep 9 06:01:05 UTC 2008

James Cloos wrote:

> I read through most of the replies so far, but one thing I haven't seen
> noted is that this isn't an ntp issue at al

Did you mean service (8).

Treating it as a black box is basically how Red Hat is marketed; it is
basically in the same market as Windows.  People who want a white box
Linux are more likely to choose something like Slackware.

I think the OP has gone far beyond what the average RHEL administrator
is expected to do in terms of looking inside the box.