[ntp:questions] NTP configuration

Sami al flaish sflaish at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 10:46:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a problem with the NTP.
1-      I am using machine where the timezone set to (GMT) Casablanca mandatory.
2-      I would like to sync this machine with NTP “Local Time in Norway”.
3-      So currently we set manually the clock on my machine to Norway local time, because if the local
Time in Norway   is 10:00AM means Casablanca is 08:00AM. So that’s why we have to adjust the clock on this machine manually to 10:00AM to match Norway local time.

The problem here if we sync to NTP server it will auto sync the clock back to 08:00Am. So the question Is there any way to keep the clock on that machine synced with the local Norway time even due if the timezone on that machine is (GMT) Casablanca without forcing the machine to sync 2 hours back.

Thank you very much
Regards,
Sami