[ntp:questions] NTP configuration

Nero Imhard nim at pipe.nl
Fri Sep 12 07:09:24 UTC 2008

David Woolley schreef:
> Sami al flaish wrote:
>>
>> I have a problem with the NTP. 1-      I am using machine where the
>> timezone set to (GMT) Casablanca mandatory.
>
> Morocco is no longer on GMT in Summer.

I'm afraid you're only confusing the issue. "(GMT) Casablanca" probably
refers to a timezone setting in Windows which may or may not obey DST
rules, and hence has an confusing description.

I have often tried to report this issue to Microsoft because such
descriptions appear in text messages mailed out by the calendaring
function of MS Outlook and sometimes make foreign visitors miss
appointments during the summer! I gave up years ago.

To the OP: Do not get confused, but please, please, please understand
that NTP has no business at all with local time!!!!