[ntp:questions] GPS clock for Linux

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Fri Sep 12 08:33:54 UTC 2008

Uwe Klein wrote:
> Steve Kostecke wrote:
>
>> The GPS 18 LVC costs less than $70. Add to that the time for someone to
>> work out the wiring and solder up the connector (well under an hour for
>> a competant tech).
>
> If you ask Garmin Europe for a quote : ~190Euro + VAT Grrrrrrr.

Huh???

I bought (i.e. ordered) one from a local dealer here in Oslo, I paid
about $120 at the time, a few years ago.

Anyway it is so small and cheap that I'd simply order one from the US:
Even if you have to pay freight and customs, you're still far below that
Euro price!

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>