[ntp:questions] What happens if ntp server unavailable at start up?

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sat Sep 13 10:47:20 UTC 2008

>>> In article <ToAyk.2395$yS5.1115 at edtnps83>, Unruh <unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca> writes:

Unruh> Did the dynamic keyword ever work? The web docs say that it is not
Unruh> yet implimented.

Harlan> I'm pretty sure it works - what documentation says it doesn't?

Unruh> Some document on ntp.org describing the options in the ntp.conf file.
Unruh> I do not want to look for it again-- the docs are incredibly hard to
Unruh> search-- one of the problems with making them into an infinite number
Unruh> of web pages.

Try http://doc.ntp.org .

Unruh> So I guess dynamic went from not implimented to
Unruh> deprecated with only a brief stop of in use in between.

No, it went from implemented as an option to implemented by default.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!