[ntp:questions] What happens if ntp server unavailable at start up?

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Sat Sep 13 16:07:00 UTC 2008

On 2008-09-13, Joseph Gwinn <joegwinn at comcast.net> wrote:

> Unruh <unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
>
>> Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> writes:
>>
>> >Unruh> Did the dynamic keyword ever work? The web docs say that it
>> >Unruh> is not yet implimented.
>>
>> >I'm pretty sure it works - what documentation says it doesn't?
>>
>> Some document on ntp.org describing the options in the ntp.conf file.
>> I do not want to look for it again-- the docs are incredibly hard to
>> search-- one of the problems with making them into an infinite number
>> of web pages.
>
> What I find useful is to use google with a "site:udel.edu" qualifier.
>
> It would help if the docs entire tree were under ntp.org though.

The documentation at http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/ is the
documentation for the current development snapshot of The NTP Reference
Implementation (from www.ntp.org). This documentation may be correct
for stable releases.

An archive of documentation for stable releases of The NTP Reference
Implementation is located at http://doc.ntp.org/. This archive provides
search capabilities powered by ht://dig.

The documentation contained in this archive is presented in its original
form with the exception of the addition of a site-wide searching /
navigation tool-bar and an HTML wrapper, which includes the tool bar,
for plain-text files and directory listings.

If you wish to use Google to search the on-line stable release
documentation use "site:doc.ntp.org" in your search arguments.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>