[ntp:questions] Server offset included in served time?

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Mon Sep 15 19:59:03 UTC 2008

Mike K Smith wrote:

> How can I obtain a historic record of the difference between true time
> and local clock time on an NTP client?

You need a source of true time that is, say, an order magnitude better
than your expectation of the local clock.  The problem, of course, is
that if you had access to such a source of time, the obvious thing to do
with it would be to discipline the local clock!  That would leave you
needing a source of time that is yet another order of magnitude better;
loop.