[ntp:questions] NTP on LAN

05IT042 raghuramos1987 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:10:38 UTC 2008

I'm totally new to NTP. Please excuse any noob questions. What I want
is this...

I have 2 computers connected on the same lan. I want one of them to be
set up as a NTP server and the other to be setup as a NTP client. This
is my initial goal. I tried giving the ip address of the server in the
client's /etc/ntp.conf file and i gave localhost(127.0.0.1) in the
servers /etc/ntp.conf file. After this how do i go about checking if
they're even getting synchronized or anything at all? Also some links
for learning more would also be appreciated.
OS: Ubuntu Hardy Heron on both server and client.
Thanks in advance.