[ntp:questions] Odd (mis)behavior when reference clock fails

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Thu Sep 25 20:51:47 UTC 2008

>Why would you poll a UPS as fast as you can? This sounds like the old
>joke-- Doctor I have a real headache-- What do you do?-- Before it hurts I
>bash my head against a brick wall.

It seemed like a reasonable idea at the time.  I'm using it to monitor
the line voltage.  You send it a command.  It tells you the min input
voltage since the last time you asked.  The faster I ask the better
time resolution I get on the duration of glitches.

>It sounds like you are losing timer interrupts.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's a 1 GHz VIA C7 system.  It was running
at 250 Hz.  I just switched to 100.  No change.