[ntp:questions] ntp stratum

stephaneguedon stephaneguedon at ifrance.com
Sat Sep 27 09:17:09 UTC 2008

Hello

I own a ubuntu 8.04 server, which provide a ntp service (not only, but
it's the thing we look at here...).

I would like to know how I can tell the server he is in stratum 3.

This is my /etc/ntp.conf :

# /etc/ntp.conf, configuration for ntpd
logfile /var/log/ntp

#driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/

statistics loopstats peerstats clockstats
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable

# You do need to talk to an NTP server or two (or three).
#server ntp.your-provider.example

# pool.ntp.org maps to more than 300 low-stratum NTP servers.
# Your server will pick a different set every time it starts up.
#  *** Please consider joining the pool! ***
#  *** <http://www.pool.ntp.org/join.html> ***
server ntp2.jussieu.fr
server ntp.metas.ch
server soleil.uvsq.fr
server ntp.u-psud.fr
server ntp.obspm.fr
server ntp1.fau.de
server audaxsystems.co.uk

thanks for your answers.
sincerly yours
--
Utilisant le client e-mail révolutionnaire d'Opera :
http://www.opera.com/mail/