[ntp:questions] ntpq-equivalent for Microsoft's Windows Time Service ?

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 07:39:43 UTC 2009

Hello,

I would like to monitor the operation of the NTP-algorithm as
implemented in Microsoft's Windows Time Service (I know that older
w32time implementations only support SNTP, and that newer
implementations support both SNTP and NTP). I already found out that
it is possible to query the configuration settings of the Windows Time
Service through the w32tm /dumpreg command (equivalent of cat /etc/
ntp.conf), and that it is possible to compare the local clock with a
remote clock through the w32tm /monitor command (equivalent of ntpdate
-q). I would like to be able to query the internal variables of the
Windows Time Service, just like the command ntpq -p does. Does anyone
know whether this is possible with the Windows Time Service provided
by Microsoft ?

The official Microsoft documentation of the Windows Time Service can
be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc773061.aspx.

Thanks for your time,

Bart Van Assche.