[ntp:questions] ntpd service doesn't connect to remote servers on Windows XP

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 14:10:44 UTC 2009

Heiko Gerstung wrote:
[]
> It could be helpful to see the output of "ntpq -p" and "ntpq -c rv
> <id>" where <id> is the association ID of one of the remote servers.
> This id can be found out using "ntpq -c as" .. and yes, the event log
> would be helpful as well.
>
> Best Regards,
>   Heiko

Heiko, many thanks.  I'll get the user to check out your suggestions.  The
event log shows ntpd.exe listening on the loopback and 192.168.1.10
addresses, and no error messages.

Is there a fundamental difference between nptq.exe sending and receiving
packets, and ntpd.exe working in its normal manner?

Cheers,
David