[ntp:questions] can i use w32time to syncronise in a non domain scenario - windows2003

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 02:56:37 UTC 2009

On Apr 1, 4:54 pm, malay... at gmail.com (Ryan Malayter) wrote:
> In general, I believe the default precedence in a domain
> environment is:
>   1) Local computer policy
>   2) Group policies through Active Directory
>   3) local registry settings

I suspect both policy approaches end up overwriting any locally
configured registry settings each time the policy is applied, so to
figure out the active configuration all you (or w32time) need do is
look at the registry.  When changing w32time parameters, you can force
policy reapplication to see if your parameters are overwritten:
gpupdate /force

Cheers,
Dave Hart