[ntp:questions] NTP - orphan mode with SAME stratum ("tos orphan 6") FAIL to sync.

sheikdawoodrajali at gmail.com sheikdawoodrajali at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 07:07:10 UTC 2009

Mills,

[Dawood] The broadcast was successful after adding shim (Setting "tos
mindist
0.010") to the correctness interval. It worked fine once but when I
tried again the time-sync was -not- successful. Could it be a problem
in the
network configuration(s) -or- something else ?

>> What I exactly mean here is that,
During first run with shim added, time sync happened in first 15
minutes followed by time reset
in another 15 minutes. It worked fine, eventlog/billboard results
showed the same.

When I tried running this test case again the next day with (approx
25/30/40 minutes
difference in 3 of the systems out of 7), the time sync didn't
happened for a while (approx
1 hour) or so. x conditions remained the same on billboard results.
Should I wait for some
more time to see time-sync happening?

So, I was bit confused and worried whether I can't reproduce the
results?
Please clarify.

Thanks,
Dawood