[ntp:questions] NTP - orphan mode with SAME stratum ("tos orphan 6") FAIL to sync.

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Apr 6 23:44:01 UTC 2009

Steve,

You scratch a sore spot as I verified over the last couple of days. You
can always increase the mindist, but eventually the orphan servers will
drift away from each other. The problem is the orphan server has to be
selected before the intersection algorithm. I changed that in the
development version and am testing it now. The result is that only the
lowest-distance orphan server makes it to the intersection algoritihm
and only it will be selected.

Dave