[ntp:questions] using 'peer' together with 'server'

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:20:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Folkert van Heusden
<folkert at vanheusden.com> wrote:
> I have 4 servers that should be in sync for time with each other as well
> as much as the upstream ntp servers. Am I right that I can configure
> this like this or is it that if you configure peers the upstream servers
> are ignored?

Your configuration will work fine; peer lines do not "disable" or
"override" server lines in any way that I have seen. In fact, I run
almost the same configuration in production. Four NTP servers peer
with each other, and each one has a separate upstream server.

--
RPM