[ntp:questions] NTP - orphan mode with SAME stratum ("tos orphan 6") FAIL to sync.

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Sun Apr 19 16:27:57 UTC 2009

sheikdawoodrajali at gmail.com wrote:
> I am using NTP v4.2.4p5 package on Windows platform.
>
> I see the error below every time I start the NTP service.
> Thoughts??
>

> bind() fd 260, family 2, port 123, addr <broadcast address>,
> in_classd=0 flags=0x8 fails: Can't assign requested address.

Which version of Windows are you running. I have seen this before and I
cannot remember whether it is just failing or it really is succeeding
but lying to you. Does ntpq -p show the address? Please include the
actual broadcast address when you report issues, it doesn't help to
solve problems by hiding it.

DAnny

believed to be clean.