[ntp:questions] Can the line audio out of HF radio be used to sync ntp. Trying to get a cheap ($) radio method.

Nathaniel Homier ntp at universal-mechanism.org
Thu Apr 30 02:51:33 UTC 2009

Hello.

I would like to know if one can use the line audio out of any old
portable shortwave radio tuned to a time signal and fed via a line audio
input.  This would be motherboard audio.  The primary reason is that I
get the impression that ntp radio clocks are for sale at very high
prices.  The most I have to spend is about $200.  I already have very
nice Sony 7600G HF portable and that gets the time freq. from 2.5 to 15
very well.  My computer is the new pci express and I have no serial port.

Nate