[ntp:questions] NTP stops when client address changes?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Fri Aug 7 07:48:29 UTC 2009

phil wrote:
[]
> You can also give the PC a fixed IP address and not worry about DHCP
> or lease time.
> Phil

Yes, in this particular application that would be an excellent solution,
and one I use myself.  But here, we are dealing with non-computer people,
and just getting them to add the port-forwarding to their router (for the
application, not NTP) is pain enough.  Having to get them to reconfigure
the router for fixed IPs is probablt a little too far!

Cheers,
David