[ntp:questions] Originate Timestamp returned as zero

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Dec 8 21:13:52 UTC 2009

David,

If the orgin timestamp of a client packet is zero, the server will
return it as zero, but the client will reject it (TEST3). However, the
origin timestamp state variable in the association  is set to zero after
the packet arrives and the timestamps used to calculate offset and
delayh. This is to deflect a spurious replay of the previous client
packet that might result in incorrect time.

Dave