[ntp:questions] Tobit LAN!Time DCF77 receiver not working

Rob van der Putten rob at sput.nl
Thu Dec 24 14:17:42 UTC 2009

Hi there

David Lord wrote:

> I saw it as CTS on brown and RI on Orange

Correct.

> All refclocks docs I've checked, by no means all, expect serial
> data on RxD.

Rewiring the plug might help;

Brown and Orange probably have opposite polarity;

     +-+       +-+    + 12 V
     | |       | |
  ---+ +-------+ +--- - 12 V

  ---+ +-------+ +--- + 12 V
     | |       | |
     +-+       +-+    - 12 V

    >   < 0.1 or 0.2 seconds

     <--------> 1 or 2 seconds

So the thing to do is to connect the positive going pulse to RXD (2).
This will probably work with the following NTPD setting;

server 127.127.8.0 mode 5
fudge 127.127.8.0 time1 0.220 refid DCF77

After a few minutes 'ntpq -p' should yield something like;

remote         refid   st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
+GENERIC(0)   .DCF7.   0  l   61   64 377     0.000   0.151   0.002

Regards
Rob
--
Nowadays people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing
Oscar Wilde