[ntp:questions] Tobit LAN!Time DCF77 receiver not working

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Sat Dec 26 23:18:41 UTC 2009

>Over the years I've come to the conclusion that it's easier to rewrite
>from scratch than to reverse engineer someone else's code.  Especially
>so when no effort is made to document what the code is doing, the
>algorithms used, what the variables represent, etc.  Far too many people
>code in just this way!

Yes there is a lot of shitty code out there, but sometimes it's
the only documentation you can get.  If nothing else, you may
want to scan it to extract some key ideas needed to write your
own version.

Personally, I don't want comments that tell me stuff I can
figure out by glancing at the code.  What I want is clues
about the strange things like feature X doesn't work on OS Y,
or watch out for overflows.