[ntp:questions] linux/serial.h warning w/ 4.2.4p6

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Feb 1 22:07:41 UTC 2009

>>> In article <6c52c70d-ccd9-45c0-8d67-5ecaaebf43c0 at n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, udovdh at gmail.com writes:

udovdh> Hello, While building ntp 4.2.4p6 for use with LinuxPPS I noticed:

udovdh> configure: WARNING: linux/serial.h: present but cannot be compiled
udovdh> configure: WARNING: linux/serial.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
udovdh> I this a problem on my Fedora 10 system, an issue with the ntp code
udovdh> or something else?  Is anybody looking into this issue?

Apparently, compiling linux/serial.h on your platform requires some extra
headers.

If you look thru config.log you will see the section of code that runs to
figure out if linux/serial.h is present and compilable.

If you can figure out what other headers are needed to run that test without
complaint I can add them to the test for this header in configure.ac

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!