[ntp:questions] Experimental ntpd for Windows

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Feb 1 22:16:22 UTC 2009

>>> In article <4985F855.4070908 at ntp.isc.org>, mayer at ntp.isc.org (Danny Mayer) writes:

DaveHart> As I've stated repeatedly, it's better than what we have now.
DaveHart> Now interpolation is used unconditionally.  With my change, it is
DaveHart> avoided if the scenario that breaks it is detected (fine-grained
DaveHart> system clock).  On Vista and later, with -M, it always detects
DaveHart> that breakage and disables interpolation.  There is no
DaveHart> regression, only forward progress.

Danny> Sorry, you misunderstand what I meant. What you do personally is up
Danny> to you. However, what goes into the ntp project I do have a say. I
Danny> appreciate your efforts and would be happy to incorporate your
Danny> suggested changes into ntp, but it needs to follow the guidelines.

And Dave Hart has a say, and I have a say, as do several other folks.

I vote we try some things and see what happens and have some productive
dialogues.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!