[ntp:questions] like a kid with a new toy (PPS jitter)

Chris givemeafckingacctyoudouche at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 12:12:20 UTC 2009

On Feb 5, 10:50 pm, Dave Hart <daveh... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 3:25 am, Paul Kennedy wrote:
>
> > Under windows OS, I believe working in the 10's of microsecod range is
> > pretty good, and a darn site better than flat NMEA.  Terje, can you
> > let me know what is bad about this?
>
> That is encouraging to hear.  Keep in mind I was deliberately vague in
> the original post, leaving out mention of the OS and the user-level
> PPS implementation.  I want to hear how it compared other typical PPS
> setups
>
> Dave Hart

Dave,
I'd be very interested to know your implementation in windows for
capturing the PPS pin. I'm currently using a FreeBSD box and syncing
windows boxes around it, but I'd much rather be able to sync my
windows servers directly to the device for a few of the critical
servers. Any chance you'd share your methods, or at least give some
hints? I'm well versed in the Windows API, so that shouldn't be a
problem. I just assumed that you'd need a kernel driver for this sort
of syncing.

Thanks,
Chris