[ntp:questions] Problem using ntp autokey with the trusted certificate identity s cheme

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Feb 9 18:26:52 UTC 2009

Martin,

I can't tell if the release and development versions will or will not
interoperate. That is not because of an incompatibility with the
protocol, it is because the release version now has a godzilla mix and
max collection of historic code of many old versions and possibly not
compatible between versions. You might think the situation would be
resolved by wholesale update of the release version with the development
version from time to time. It hasn't happened that way. Bugfixes have
been applies to the release version and it has drifted away from the
development branch. This is not my plan and I have advised agzinst it. I
watch very carefully the development version and make sure it is
compatible with previous development versions. The only things that have
changed are the configuration options, which are now much simplified and
hopefully easy to use.

Dave