[ntp:questions] ntpd failure on ioctl(I_SETSIG, S_INPUT): Bbad address

Wayne Liu wayne.liu at impinj.com
Mon Feb 9 18:28:32 UTC 2009

Sorry I wasn't clear on my previous message. I was doing cross-compile
and it turns out to be a build option error on my part. I got it working
now.

It's exactly like what Frank said, UDP_SIGPOLL is not used for linux.
After checking the source of configure that I realized that I had the
wrong build option --host=<my-cross-compiler-prefix>, where
<my-cross-compiler-prefix> is not *-*-*linux*.  I and also have to add
<my-cross-compiler-prefix> into config.sub since it's not one of the
machines supported.

What I eventually did was to set and export env. variables CC/LD/AR
pointing to <my-cross-compiler-prefix>-gcc  and set --host=<my>-linux.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Wayne