[ntp:questions] All the members of a network are trusted ho sts

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Mon Feb 16 15:00:31 UTC 2009

On 2009-02-16, Bartholome, Alain <alain.bartholome at eads.com> wrote:

> I have a network of about 200 servers which must be time synchronized
> with security.

NTP Authentication authenticates a server to its immediate clients and
can, optionally, provide a authentication trail back to the root server.

> I project to use Autokey with Trusted Certificate identity scheme.
>
> I need to divide the network in trusted groups.

The architecture of your "NTP Network" defines your trust groups.

> The documentation shows groups composed of 2 to 4 systems with a
> maximum of 3 levels (the trusted server connected to a non trusted
> server itself connected to an other non trusted system.) I plan to
> follow these rules.

The examples are merely examples. There is no need to limit your
trust groups to such a small size.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>