[ntp:questions] ntpd on embedded risc

Rob nomail at example.com
Wed Feb 18 20:09:30 UTC 2009

cnm3332 at gmail.com <cnm3332 at gmail.com> wrote:
> practically no tools, I'm not even sure how loaded the processor
> becomes
> with gpsd and ntpd.  Is there an effective way of checking that it is
> not
> too much for machine?  Thanks.

gpsd is not particularly efficient (i.e. it will use some cpu), but
it is no problem on a PC.

You can always try the command "uptime" to see the load average of the
system, it should be well below 1.00
You can also run "ps ax" and see what times appear in the TIME column
for gpsd and ntpd.   Compare those with the uptime of the system, to see
how much CPU each of them uses.
You could also use "top" to see what is running.