[ntp:questions] Regarding Primary/Secondary NTP setup

malayter at gmail.com malayter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:04:25 UTC 2009

On Feb 19, 2009 12:28pm, Danny Mayer <mayer at ntp.org> wrote:
> You should avoid NAT devices as they cause problems with the source and
> destination addresses. This gets really bad with autokey.

Avoiding NAT is impossible in today's Internet; we only have about 2 years
of IPv4 addresses left at current allocation rates.

This is why NTP autokey is DOA in my opinion. Any protocol that cannot deal
with NAT sensibly simply will not be widely deployed (at least until IPv6
is universally available and routable, which will be about the same time
hell freezes over).