[ntp:questions] ntpd on embedded risc

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed Feb 25 05:24:57 UTC 2009

John> Harlan Stenn writes:
>> mlockall() and sched_setscheduler() should be discovered automatically by
>> the 'configure' step.  I think mlockall() is the default on many OSes
>> that provide it, and the -N option probably controls the priority
>> setting.

John> mlockall() seems to be disabled under Linux in 4.2.4:

John> ChangeSet at 1.1251, 2004-11-03 01:51:42-05:00, stenn at pogo.udel.edu +1 -0
John> Disable mlockall() under linux for now - resolver problems.

I remember - libc (or whatever) under linux allocates a HUGE amount of space
and that means the forked resolver process cannot get enough memory to work.

Or something like that.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!